Saturday, August 05, 2006

Well I didnt live blog...

Couldn't get much signal in the poker room so I gave up on the live blogging. The fact that I am posting this only 5 hours after the tournament started should key you in to how I finished. Ended up about 30ish out of 130ish. So who wants a bad beat story? Its not a one outer, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth..

We were at $500/$1000 blinds with $100 ante and I had a chip stack of about $15k. Not horrible, not great... My M was about 6ish but I was at a very weak table. I had only been at the table 1 round but already had a feel for how I could push the table around. There wasn't a lot of action, but I was hoping to stay at the table for a little while possibly double up once or twice and put myself in a good position for a run at the $4k first price.

Ok, so I set the situation here is the hand. I am on the button and its folded around to me. I look down and see JJ. I had raised twice since I have been at the table both times about 1.5 times the BB. Both hands had gone uncalled. With that in mind, and only two people after me to act I figured I would slow down a little bit. I raised 1k to make it 2k to go. I did this knowing the small blind had only about $7k left and his move was all in or fold. He folded as expected. The big blind was a little bit different. He had almost as much chips as me. He raised up to $7k total. Action back to me, and I knew I had him. I pushed all in for another $10k. It came back to him and he muttered well I guess I have to call here since I am already committed. This even furthered my thought that I had him. He called as expected and flipped over Ac2c....

Well I guess you know how it ends.
2 on the flop, Ace on the river, no Jack.

Left me with $125 in my stack. All in on the next hand with 5d6d, which improved to two pair by the river but still lost to 88 who hit his set on the flop.

A few other interesting hands from the night that I will post later for analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares